Periodontal Therapy Dunnville
They may occur two to four times a year.
How often should you have a dental checkup?
How often you go will depend on several factors:
- Whether you have mild, moderate or severe periodontal disease.
- Whether your disease tends to come back.
- Whether your risk of periodontal disease is higher than average.
Reasons for a high risk include, certain diseases and smoking.
What does a typical visit dental checkup cover?
A typical maintenance visit may include:
- A periodontal examination
- A look at the amount of plaque on your teeth
- An evaluation of your oral hygiene
- A review of the proper techniques for brushing, flossing
or other methods of cleaning
- Cleaning and polishing of your teeth, including the removal of plaque, calculus (tartar) and stains
- Dental radiographs (X-rays)
- Treatment of tooth sensitivity
If your teeth are very sensitive, you may need a dental anesthetic before cleanings. The anesthetic may be applied to the area or injected.
If your periodontal disease continues to return, your dentist or periodontist may suggest changes in treatment. The main aim of follow-up care is to reduce the chance that the disease will come back. Also, if your disease does return, it is likely to be less severe if you have received regular care. It may be in a smaller area and more easily treated than in people who skip most maintenance visits.
To arrange for your appointment or to request more information:
Please call (905) 774-7608.
Book An Appointment
Cleanings & Prevention
For A Lifetime
EXCELLENCE in dentistry is our passion. We will always treat every patient with respect and offer the highest quality care based on each patient’s needs and best interests.